We are accountable to our partners and communities. We uphold the highest ethical standards in all our actions.
Who We Are
We work to ensure the Permian Basin is a community where students love to learn, teachers love to teach, and people love to live.
We aim to help students in the region perform at the highest level and earn degrees or credentials with workforce value.
We help improve education outcomes for all students in the Permian Basin from cradle to career.
We work to improve educational outcomes for all students, particularly those furthest from opportunity.
We appreciate, value, and treat all our team members and partners with dignity.
We rely on data, expertise, and knowledge of the sector to learn about and develop innovative solutions to education challenges.
We work together within our organization and with our partners. We are inclusive of and value the voices and input of all our stakeholders and communities.
Together, we can transform education in the Permian Basin!
Our 5-Year Goals for Education
Student Impact: Improve cradle-to-career student outcomes across the Permian Basin.
Regional Leadership: Be seen as a highly respected and reliable partner, a source for regional education data and knowledge, and a contributor to aligning regional education and workforce systems.
Organizational Excellence: Ensure the organization has a high-performing team, effective governance, and the systems, infrastructure, resources, and visibility to pursue and sustain its work.
How We’ll Get There
- Increase kindergarten readiness
- Increase college enrollment and career entry
- Grow our regional geographic footprint
- Build buy-in for and awareness of EPPB’s vision, strategy, and role
- Be seen as a highly respected partner
- Be seen as a reliable source for regional education data and knowledge
- Use communications to drive impact
- Optimize the Board, Executive Steering Committee, Leadership Team, and Action Networks
- Grow organizational capacity and resources
Our 5-year strategic plan details our roadmap to transform education in the Permian Basin.
Who We Serve
We serve all the communities, school districts, and institutes of higher education in the Permian Basin.
- Our work includes the Texas and New Mexico counties that comprise the Permian Basin.
- We appreciate and respect the diversity of the communities we serve. Each community has unique strengths and challenges, yet many face similar education and employment issues that might benefit from sharing successful practices or adopting regional solutions.
- While our office is located in the Midland/Odessa area, our team is committed to regularly visiting communities across the entire region to develop relationships, understand the local context, and be an engaged partner.
Levels of Collaboration
Our partners promote positive change for education in a variety of capacities, including:
|High-level community leaders
|Provide organizational governance, approve the organization’s strategy, ensure financial sustainability, adopt sound policies, and oversee the executive director.
|Executive Steering Committee
|CEOs, presidents, superintendents, and other senior leaders across the cradle-to-career pipeline
|Advise on organizational and Action Network strategies and use influence and positional authority to support aligned regional education actions and initiatives.
|Cross-sector leaders who care about and are willing to help improve educational outcomes in the region
|Attend networking meetings, provide input on and support the work of EPPB and the Action Networks, and share knowledge and best practices.
|Education and employment experts and practitioners
|Set strategies, launch sub-groups and drive implementation to achieve on-the-ground impact on specific education and career entry issues.